Every week, I host a LIVE Q&A on my Facebook page, where I answer as many questions about food, eating or body image as I can!
Get your questions answered!
What burning questions do you have about your relationship with food or body image?
Fill in the form below and I'll do my best to answer your question in the next Q&A video.
Rest assured - I won't refer to you by name when I answer!
Peaceful Eating Q&A: Episode 5
Wed 8th Apr 2020
In this episode, I covered the following:
- Being weighed in pregnancy and having the ‘healthy eating’ conversation with healthcare professionals.
- Grieving the loss of what you might no longer be able to do in your current body, and doing the work to cultivate a new level of body acceptance.
- Food addiction… Is it a thing? And how to talk to friends about weight/ food addiction?
Peaceful Eating Q&A: Episode 4
Mon 30th Mar 2020
In this episode, I answered the following questions:
- One subscriber says her one of personal values is that she has to be thin to be accepted by society. She notices how when her body image is triggered, she tries to control her food and asks for help to shift this.
- Another makes the point that it’s not true that being thinner doesn’t make you healthier for the pure and simple reason that fat people don’t receive adequate health care.
- One person asks how to fix her broken fullness button.
- And the last question is about continuing the journey of body acceptance after weight restoration in eating disorder recovery.
Peaceful Eating Q&A: Episode 3
Fri 20th Mar 2020
In this episode, I speak about Covid-19 and uncertainty – and how to be with that uncertainty. I speak to a few things that may be coming up for you as a result of it:
- How your ED behaviours may be prominent right now as a response to a sense of everything feeling out of control;
- Food scarcity and what that might be bringing up;
- Worries about gaining weight while staying home.
Peaceful Eating Q&A: Episode 2
Fri 13th Mar 2020
Here’s what I covered in this Q&A replay:
- One subscriber asks about self-sabotage. She explains how she does so well, feels pleased with how she’s doing and then ‘it’s as though I find my good behaviour threatening’ and she sabotages her progress. She sees her life as a series of successes and failures.
- Another asks about emotional eating: she’s been a yo-yo dieter for over 25 years and wants help to stop her ‘junk food drug’ when she’s feeling overwhelmed.
- The last one has a condition called ansomia, which means no smell or taste and asks how else she can make Intuitive Eating work for her.
Peaceful Eating Q&A: Episode 1
Fri 6th Mar 2020
In this Q&A, I responded to the following questions I received from readers:
- What’s the best way to tackle those mindless moments, where you don’t even realise what you’re doing until you’ve got to the bottom of the bag of crisps!?
- Can you give some encouragement and discussion around mindfulness, and why mindful eating is such good practice?
- How does one balance intuitive eating and a medical condition?
- How do we completely let go of dieting, diet mentality and give full permission to eat all foods without feeling guilty or punishing ourselves?
- And there was a question about how to let go of that nasty little voice that criticises you and your appearance.